Congratulations on earning your new e-badge!
Your e-badge may be used as an indicator of the skills you’ve gained in the Continuing Professional Education (CPE) learning environment. This e-badge will alert others of what you have earned, where you’ve earned your e-badge, and who issued your standard training. The meta-data within the e-badge verifies the criteria of your achievement and significance of earning this milestone.
Your earned e-badge can be stored in Badgr, LinkedIn, and a host of other e-badge storing sites as a beginning or addition to your resume of badges by using the following instructions for two known e-badge storing/sharing sites: Badgr and LinkedIn. You will first need to create an account for each platform if you do not already have one.
Note: Disable your popup blocker when trying to share your badges with social networks.
Your Moodle backpack enables you to store and transfer your e-badge from Moodle to the Badgr platform in a few simple steps. You can store your achievement in Badgr for personal viewing or share your e-badge with relevant networks.
- To get started, please create a free Badgr account at https://badgr.io/
- In Moodle, click on your name (user menu at the top right), and select Preferences
- Navigate to Backpack settings under the Badges section
- Enter your Badgr user account email and password
- Moodle will send you an email to verify the Badgr account you registered. Look in your email inbox for a verification email and click the link to verify your connection to the backpack
Sharing your e-badge to your LinkedIn profile will showcase your competencies and ongoing professional development in a manner that can be instantly verified. You can share the accomplishment your badge represents with your current and future professional networks.
- To get started, please create a free LinkedIn account now at https://www.linkedin.com/ (if you do not already have one)
- From your preferred e-badge storing site account, select your Continuing Professional Education e-badge and click the ‘share’ button to share your e-badge to your LinkedIn profile
- Using the LinkedIn ‘Share’ feature share your profile and save
- Copy and paste name of the credential, the issuing organization, and the URL from your preferred e-badge storing site to LinkedIn
- You may need to repeat this action three times if it is your first time sharing
- Add the date in the correct field and save
Note: You may also visit the helpdesk in your preferred e-badge storing site to add badges to LinkedIn.